The Shakenovsky & Associates team holds a very high reputation built on trust, competence, impeccable ethical practices, confidentiality and successful outcomes.
Principal of Shakenovsky & Associates
Migration Agent Registration Number (MARN) 0004606
The 1970s and 1980s
- 1976 Served 16 months in the South African Police Force in lieu of compulsory military training
- 1980 Completed his law degree at the University of Witwatersrand, Johannesburg
- 1982 Admitted as an attorney of the Supreme Court of South Africa after serving 2 years of Articles of Clerkship at Salomon Friedman Attorneys, Johannesburg
- 1984 Established his own successful Law practice in Johannesburg’s CBD
- 1987 Successfully sat the Israeli bar exam
- 1991 Completed his Diploma in Human Rights at the Rand Afrikaans University
- 1996 Immigrated to Australia with his wife and 3 children
- 1996 Employed by McCabe Brown Lawyers for 18 months before re-qualifying and practicing for own account
- 1997 Qualified as a migration agent through the University of New South Wales
- 1999 Re-qualified as an Australia lawyer through LPAB at The University of Sydney and re-admitted in the Supreme Court of NSW
- 2000 Became a partner of Greenstein Shakenovsky Lawyers, a successful legal practice in Sydney’s CBD with a like-minded team of qualified staff who go beyond what is expected to satisfy clients’ requirements
- 2003 Appointed as the Australian Director of Retalix Australia Pty Ltd, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Retalix Ltd (Israel) and provider of point-of-sale software to Woolworths, Coles, Big W, Priceline, Metcash, BP and more
- 2008 Established Shakenovsky & Associates, specialising in migration law, employment law, wills and estates, commercial law and agreements
- 2018 Appointed the Australian Director of Shankman Holdings Australia Pty Ltd, the owner of numerous commercial Sydney buildings
Beyond humanitarian issues, Richard has, amongst many other active interests, nurtured a passion for running and photography. He has completed more than 100 marathons, including ultra-marathons, both within Australia and overseas. Among them is the Golden Reef Hundred Miler, (160km ultra marathon) which Richard completed in 1994, in 23 hours and 58 minutes.
Richard shares his love of running with able-bodied and disabled runners as the founder of The Achilles Running Club. The club serves to enable disabled runners to enjoy the benefits of walking and running in a supportive, social environment.
Richard’s passion for photography has taken him on many adventures across the globe. See Redbubble
Richard welcomes an invitation to participate in running, photographing, scuba diving, squash, hiking, motorbike riding, horse riding, and golf.
Migration Agent at Shakenovsky & Associates
Experienced Representative with a demonstrated history of working in the law practice industry. Skilled in Immigration Law, Real Property, Legal Document Preparation, Legal Writing, and Corporate Law. Strong information technology professional with a Graduate Certificate in Immigration Law focused in Immigration Law from Sir Zelman Cowen Centre, Victoria University.
Rachel completed a Bachelor of Arts and a Bachelor of Law at Macquarie University in 2013. She was admitted to the Supreme Court of New South Wales in 2014. Rachel’s areas of practice include:
Business and commercial law
Rachel has returned to us after maternity leave on a part-time basis.
Law Clerk at Shakenovsky & Associates
Ian assists Richard Shakenovsky in an administrative capacity, as well as providing more direct support with researching, assisting in drafting documents, the Court Registry, and the Department of Home Affairs.
He is currently in his third year of study in a combined Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Laws degree at UNSW.
I have an interest in social justice and using my skills to help people in need – I have volunteered, and continue to be involved in a reduced capacity, at various NFPs listed on my LinkedIn.
Legal Associate Focusing in Property Law
Stella is the Principal Solicitor at Stella Gishen Solicitors and operates independently of the firm. She offers over 25 years of experience and expertise to our clients tailoring our services to meet your needs for legal services specialising in property law.
Legal Associate at Shakenovsky & Associates
Nadiia has an MBA (KNTEU) Grad Dip in Migration Law & Practise (Griffith University) MAcc Charles Sturt University
She operates independently from the firm and assists us with skills assessments and Student Visas.
Law Clerk at Shakenovsky & Associates
Isabella (Bella) is a valuable and courageous member of our team.
She plays a fundamental role in the day-to-day administration, filing and organisation of our firm. Bella’s tasks and duties include drafting legal documents, conducting legal research, preparing briefs for counsel, correspondence with counsel and court registrars, e-lodgements of court documents as well as correspondence with inter-state courts. Bella also assists our Migration agent in the preparation and e-lodgement of Visa Applications to the Department of Home Affairs.
She is a 3rd year Law student at the University of Wollongong and holds a special interest in Criminal, Family and Property Law.
Bella, with her comforting nature, strong work ethic and eye for detail provides our clients with the thorough and professional service our firm is accustomed to giving.
Our reputation is built on competence, impeccable ethical practices, and successful outcomes. We establish strong relationships with our clients, based on mutual respect, honesty, and trust. Our aim is to care for our clients and their matters at hand. You can review our client testimonials to hear about their experience with us directly.
Thorough and Responsive Service
Personal service is in our DNA. Taking a ‘client for life’ approach, we are with you for the long haul and keep you informed every step of the way. As our international clients will testify that we work around the clock responding to emails after hours, on weekends and public holidays. You are never left waiting or worrying.
We have skilled professionals with extensive experience across legal and humanitarian issues. If we do not have the answers, we will find them, or refer you to appropriate experts who do. We surround ourselves with Solicitors and Barristers of high repute and competence with whom we have built sound relationships and upon whom we seek second opinions if the need arises. We ensure our clients receive the correct and best advice.