We are well able to advise you on all aspects of employment law, with particular emphasis on unfair, unlawful dismissal and General Protection Provision Claims, employment contracts, remuneration strategies, employment policies, human resources management and termination of employment.
employment law services
Please visit our COVID-19 page concerning all Employment Services.
We have worked with Sydney’s top Employment law junior and senior barristers whose services we are able to offer you in applicable cases.
The different areas of employment law that we cover include:
- Drafting of employment agreements;
- Policies and guidelines;
- Advising on rights and obligations arising out of employment contracts;
- The National Employment Standards of the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth), restraint of trade provisions including confidentiality and non-compete provisions and a multitude of other provisions arising from particular instructions.
Unfair Dismissal Claims
- Advising on aspects of unfair dismissal law;
- Representing employers or employees in pursuing or defending unfair dismissal claims;
- Considering risks and options in dealing with employment issues in circumstances;
- Representing employers or employees in conciliation conferences in the Fair Work Commission, courts and tribunals;
- Advising employers on how to best performance manage an employee or lawfully terminate an employee to avoid successful claims by employees for unfair dismissal;
- Advising employers and employees in relation to misconduct, entitlements, interpretation of applicable awards, causes of action and defences in relation to unfair dismissal claims.
General Protection Provision Claims
Where exercising a workplace right causes your termination of employment.
- Considering employers and employees’ rights in relation to General Protection Provision Claims;
- Explaining to clients the meaning of General Protection Provision Claims and how they apply;
- Pursuing General Protection Provision Claims on behalf of employees and defending General Protection Provision Claims on behalf of employers;
- Attending at the Fair Work Commission conciliation hearings, courts and tribunals for both employers and employees.
Workplace Bullying or Harassment, Equal Opportunity, Anti-Discrimination and Unlawful Dismissal-
- Advising employers and employees in relation to such claims, causes of action and defences;
- Representing employers and employees at Fair Work Commission, courts and tribunals;
- Assisting employers and employees to identify harassment or bullying and providing legal advice in relation to any potential claims by employees and defences on behalf of employers;
- Making applications for an order to stop bullying or harassment in the workplace;
- Defending employers in an application for orders to stop bullying or harassment in the workplace;
- Advising employers and employees how bullying or harassment in the workplace works, remedies, rights and obligations in relation thereto.
- Representing employers and employees in all aspects in relation to bullying and harassment in the workplace.
- Employment law litigation for employers and employees in the Fair Work Commission, courts and tribunals.
- Shakenovsky & Associates provides up to date advice on the ever-changing policies and procedures in relation to the employment issues arising from the COVID-19 Pandemic;
- Advising on standing down of employees, reducing employees’ hours and termination of employment;
- Advising on all employment issues arising out of the COVID-19 Pandemic affecting employers and employees;
Current articles in relation to COVID-19 employment law-