We are well able to advise you on all aspects of employment law, with particular emphasis on unfair, unlawful dismissal and General Protection Provision claims, employment contracts, remuneration strategies, employment policies, human resources management and termination of employment.
Effective management of these issues involves making the right decision at every stage of the employment relationship – from the initial interview to the termination of an employee.
In addition to consistent referrals from corporations and individuals, Shakenovsky & Associates also enjoys referrals from some of Sydney’s most prestigious law firms.
Our employment law services and advice include:
- Advising corporations and individual employers on how to avoid employee claims for unfair dismissal and unlawful termination
- Representing employers and employees in unfair dismissal and unlawful termination cases
- Advising and negotiating redundancy packages
- Drafting employment contracts: executive employees, award employees, permanent, part-time and casual employees
- Issuing employment contracts advice
- Drafting and advising on confidentiality, restraint of trade and non-compete clauses
- Defending and instituting Fair Work Australia claims
- Advising and drafting employment policy guidelines covering the entire range of relevant categories required in the workplace
It is critical for employers to know and understand how to avoid unfair dismissal claims. Concurrently, employees need to know and understand the time limits within which claims must be made and whether their claim has legitimacy.
We have a panel of well-qualified and experienced barristers who are briefed, depending upon the nature and complexity of the matter.
Staying in touch with us
Employers are advised to contact us for guidance before it is too late.
Employees are advised to contact us immediately if they have been terminated to determine whether unfair or unlawful termination has occurred, and to ensure that applications are made within the strict timeframes prescribed by law.